It is how you handle yourself in adversity that truly speaks to your strength and character as a leader. Things to remember while handling challenging situations . . .
Photo by Flickr member Christophe Kiciak
- Stay Strong. You may want to retreat and stay away from what is upon you, but you must stay strong. Face the adversity.
- Look for Joy. There are a lot of great things happening all around you, take time to participate, enjoy, and be a part of the experience. Allow yourself to see and partake in the joy that exists.
- Know Who You Are. While it is true that perception is everything, remember you know yourself better than anyone. While you want to understand why people may have the perceptions they have, it is imperative to believe in you. You know yourself better than anyone.
- Keep Your Focus. It is important to know your values and beliefs and keep doing what you know to be right. Keep your head up and keep on keeping on, focusing on what is most important.
- Open Communication. Communication is key to understanding. Remember to keep good communication at the centre. It is essential to be open and honest about this communication. But also remember, timing is important.
- Believe. Believe in the goodness of others. Believe the situation will improve. Believe you are doing the right thing. Believe you are making a difference. Believe you are doing your best in a difficult, challenging situation. Believe in yourself. Believe.
It is challenging to deal with difficult situations and in difficult times, but it is important to realize that these times do ebb and flow. It is important to deal with things the best way you know. Seek out help, if needed.
Things will get better. You are strong. Believe.
How do you deal with adversity? Do you have any recommendations for others?
2 thoughts on “Handling Adversity”
Hello T. Henriksen,
Thank you for another great blog.
You have been nominated for the Versatile Blogger award. Please see
Thank you for reading and commenting. Thanks for the nomination as well. Not sure if my blog is very versatile though.