The Thanksgiving long weekend is here already. It’s amazing to me how fast this year has gone so far! I can’t let this weekend end though, without blogging about the 10 things for which I am most thankful (I’m sure there are well over 10). In no particular order, this year’s list of the Ten Things I am Most Thankful For are:
- I am so fortunate to have a loving husband who does such a great job caring for our three children when I am at work. I can’t believe that we’ve been married for 18 years (together for 23) already. Where has the time gone?
- Trista, my 6-year-old daughter. I am so fortunate to have such a loving daughter who is sweet, kind, compassionate, caring and inclusive to everyone around her. She is a great big sister to her two little brothers. She has shown a new level of maturity, love, and patience toward her brothers this past year.
- Pauli, my 3-year-old son. Pauli is one of the sweetest, kindest little boys you will ever meet. I truly believe this. He has such a big heart and very nice to everyone. He has such a great sense of humour. He makes us smile and laugh every day.
- Carson, my 9-month-old son. Carson is such a bruiser! He is a big boy who always has a big smile on his face (when he isn’t sticking something in his mouth, that is). He has such a nice personality and has made it very easy on us. He is so easy going and loves just hanging out and watching his big brother and sister.
- Nursing. I am thankful to have been able to nurse all my children. While it is a real pain in the neck to have to pump at work at lunch, I am grateful to be able to provide the best source of nutrition for my son for as long as possible. Nursing has also helped me lose a lot of “baby weight”, so for that I am also very grateful! It will be very nice when Carson sleeps through the night, instead of wanting to nurse all. night. long. 😉
- My children’s teachers. I am so grateful that my children have had fabulous, caring teachers since beginning their schooling in pre-school. Each and every one of their teachers have (and are) instilled in them a love of learning.
- Health. While we have had some colds and sickness in our family this past year since Carson was born, I am so fortunate that my family has been as healthy as they have been with no great long-term illnesses. We are all healthy, and able to live life together in the fullest way possible.
- Exercise. I am so grateful to be able to exercise, especially as a family. It is so nice to spend our time together exercising – doing the 1001 steps in White Rock, doing the Grouse Grind together, walking around the seawall in Stanley Park, and doing neighbourhood walks. I love knowing that not only are we getting good exercise and spending a nice time together as a family, but we are also instilling a love of exercise in our children. They love exercising and know the importance of living a healthy lifestyle.
- Photography. This hobby really helps me decompress. I use photography to help me escape, to take me away from anything difficult that may have happened during the day, to bring me to another place. It has been rewarding to see some of the beautiful photos I have taken. While I have been so busy these days with work and family, and haven’t had as much time to take photos, I am grateful for what it has provided me in the past and what it will provide me in the future. It really is a great hobby.
- My Career. I am grateful to be able to have a career that I love. I enjoy going to work each day, knowing that I am making a difference in the lives of children, their families, and the different professionals with whom I have had the opportunity to work. It can be challenging work at times, but is very rewarding and satisfying. I feel bad for those who don’t have the same opportunity to love their work and enjoy it every day. For this, I am very grateful. I would have to include my PLN in this. As strange as it may seem, I am grateful to have become acquainted with Twitter and started developing a great PLN. These people have really helped me become re-energized and have made my return to work after maternity leave exciting!
I am sure there are other things I am grateful for that I have not mentioned. Like I said, this list is not all-inclusive. I am grateful for so many things.
Have a wonderful Thanksgiving, everyone. I hope you enjoy a wonderful long weekend with those you love.
Now that I’ve shared my list, why don’t you share yours: what are you grateful for?