Like I have mentioned, being a mom is the most important thing I do. It always has to come first! I am fortunate to have 3 wonderful kids: Trista (7), Pauli (4), and Carson (1). They brighten my each and every day. I feel so fortunate to have them in my life! I learn something about myself as a parent and about my kids every day. Some things I have recently learned about my kids are included in the list below.
10 Things I’ve Learned Being a Mom
- Having three kids has been the most wonderful thing ever.
- My daughter has really grown into being the best, most caring “big” sister ever.
- Pauli is getting more used to not being the youngest and isn’t showing jealousy signs like he did here.
- My daughter has expanded the interesting living things she likes to rats, mice, pigs and worms (as you can see from her school blog posts if you click on the links). Yah, funny little girl! (This is in addition to her love for snakes!)
- Pauli continues to be the most loving little boy we could ask for. He will often come up to us, out of the blue, wherever we are, tell us that he loves us and give us a big hug and kiss. Yah, we are very fortunate.
- My kids love life and are a pleasure to be around.
- Trista has become such a big girl and has shown her interest in a number of things. She is a very good reader. She loves reading and I love that I was a part of making that magic happen. You can hear her reading here. She also loves ballet, as you can see here. She also loves to write. She wrote and read a few poems you can see a video of here.
- Pauli continues to have difficulty with his speech and will require some additional support. We are providing it now, but he may need support from a speech therapist. He is a very smart big boy though!
- Carson is the loudest baby EVER (I wonder if that comes with being #3?). If you watch Trista’s ballet video, you can hear Carson screaming in the background. Trista was at the opposite end of our house, with the door closed and you can STILL hear him. OH my!
- All three of my kids love to have Mommy-Time. It is important for me to schedule time for each of them alone with me regularly.
Here is a recent photo of my three kids. I took a photo of each of them and then used Photoshop Elements to make this collage. Aren’t they the sweetest kids? 🙂
What are some things you’ve learned lately from or about your kids?