The other day, I was asked a question about who inspires me.
What a great question!
I could go on and on for hours about all the people who inspire me each and every day. As administrators, we are fortunate to have the opportunity to work with many people: kids, teachers, education assistants, parents, community member, administrator colleagues, and our PLN. I general terms, let me tell you about some of the people who inspire me:
- I am inspired by those students who struggle on a daily basis to work at the level that is expected of students their age.
- I am inspired by students with learning disabilities who find ways to display their learning in unconventional, but very effective, ways.
- I am inspired by students who come to school without breakfast and welcome what we have to offer them.
- I am inspired by students who are pushing their learning to new levels and who are embracing new ways of learning.
- I am inspired by our students who are blogging for the world to read.
- I am inspired by our education assistants who are embracing new ways of learning and ways their student’s can express this learning. These professionals are rolling with it and doing their best to make the learning of their students the best it can be – all with a positive attitude.
- I am inspired by our education assistants who continue to get more asked of them and they continue to take on more students, more demands, and more responsibility, all with a positive attitude, knowing that we are all doing our best to meet the diverse needs of our students.
- I am inspired by our teachers who are pushing their own learning at their level. Some of our teachers are completely transforming their entire educational pedagogy. Others are making smaller changes. ALL of these teachers should be celebrated! ALL of these teachers inspire me!
- I am inspired by our teachers who continue to take risks in their learning (this is not easy) and try new things daily.
- I am inspired by the collaboration of our teachers – with teachers within our own school and district and with professionals around the world.
- I am inspired by our teachers who are finding ways for their students to represent their learning in different ways.
- I am inspired by our teachers who are blogging for the world to read.
- I am inspired by our teachers and their willingness and interest in helping one another (and accepting the help of others).
- I am inspired by our parents who continue to support their children to the best of their ability.
- I am inspired by our parents who ask questions, trying to find the best way to support their child at home.
- I am inspired by our parents who work long hours to give their children more than what they may have had growing up.
- I am inspired each day I see my administrative colleagues post on Twitter and learn from others.
- I am inspired by my fellow administrators trying new things and pushing their own learning.
- I am inspired by my administrative colleagues who are putting themselves “out there” and blogging for the world to read.
- I am inspired by our community members who continue to offer their support in many ways. Members of our community continue to offer to read with kids, help with our breakfast program, provide after-school opportunities for our students, and offer food/clothing/hampers for our students and their families.
- I am inspired by my PLN – in every single tweet, direct message, email, google hangout, skype call, and personal conversation (either via the phone or face to face) we have together.
- I am inspired by colleagues around the world who find a way to fight forward each day when they and their family are struck by horrible news (like death or cancer).
- I am inspired by all those who take the step to share their learning with others – whether that is online or in person. Sharing is imperative and it is so inspiring to others.
- I am inspired by others who are open-minded and non-judgemental.
- I am inspired by photographers who share their amazing images with the world – flickr/facebook/twitter/instagram, etc…
- I am inspired by those who share their story. We all have powerful stories to share – stories that will inspire others. Our stories make us vulnerable to others. That vulnerability is powerful!
- I am inspired by others who reflect on their actions, their life, their work, their success, and their challenges.
- I am inspired by those who realize that they are not there yet, but continue to learn each and every day.
I am inspired by so many. Each and every day.
I value everything I learn from those around me – near and far.
I love learning from all those who inspire me.
You all inspire me to continue to be my best each and every day.
Who inspires you?
One thought on “Inspired”